ICO Spotlight: Interview with Brian Tan from Paycent
This post is part of the ICO Spotlight, a series of posts with the teams behind the different projects covered by Coinschedule.
Paycent : Bridging the gap between fiat and cryptocurrency – Pre-ICO starts on 12th Oct
Hello Brian, please start by telling us: What is Paycent?
Paycent is a global mobile dual e-wallet that can be funded by cryptocurrencies (e.g. Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin) with high liquidity and fiat currencies within the same mobile application. This allows the cryptocurrencies holders multiple avenues of spend and straddle the world of fiat and cryptocurrencies. By having integrated fiat and crypto mobile wallets, plus the option of having a debit card linked to Paycent, this opens 200 countries and 36 million points that Paycent is accepted. The full ecosystem of Paycent and Paycent mPOS allows payments for daily household spend such as utilities, cable and Telco airtime. All conversions from cryptocurrencies to fiat and vice versa will be done in real time.
So Paycent is solving the problem of exchanging and spending cryptocurrency. How does Paycent aims to be a game changer in this community?
Okay, so there are multiple products in the market. Some allow users to exchange crypto (not in real time though) while some provide them with a card to spend. At Paycent, we are building a holistic payment ecosystem within one app itself. The problems we are hitting at are genuine and need to be catered to :
– Bringing Cyptocurrency to the masses
– Conversion of Cyrptocurrency to FIAT snd Vice versa in Real time
– Allowing users to have multiple avenues of Spend
– Cashless for the Unbanked
– Financing the Unbanked population with micro-finance and credit
What are your target markets? Do you have plans to expand it to US & Europe? Do you have plans to offer your services there too?
We have already launched our FIAT mobile app for Singapore and Philippines market. We are seeing quite good traction with the app and users are liking the product as it provides them convenience and saves them from existing high fee structure. Next target markets for expansion are UAE, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. We already have opened up offices there and ground work has started. Paycent will be there sometime in Q1 2018. We have plans to go global. USA and Europe are definitely on the cards, but we wish to cover Asia first, then Middle East and then enter the western markets.
Okay, that’s great. So coming to ICO. Tell us something about your token sale?
We are conducting Token sale for the blockchain project with the Pre-ICO sale starting from 12th Oct 2017. Implementing and integrating our crypto Paycentos e-wallet with our live Paycent fiat e-wallet demands numerous resources. Bringing in the right set of personnel from Developers to Legal and developing the infrastructure will require additional funds. We are offering an Initial Token Sale of PYN tokens (Paycentos), instead of raising funds via the traditional method, to allow the community to participate in our success of straddling between the crypto and fiat world. The utility token can be used within the Paycent dual e-wallet whenever conversion is required from crypto to fiat.
What’s in it for the Investor and why do you think one should Invest in you than similar other projects?
We will appreciate the ones who believe in us and will invest in the project. Keeping that in mind, we have planned to offer generous revenue shares to the investors & token holders.
- Tokens worth 33% of the transaction volume will be disbursed to Investors. This will be quarterly to start with, and in near future we will have it on real time basis.
- We will offer loans & micro-finances to the unbanked and underbanked population. The investors will get 33% of the loan interest rate collected disbursed quarterly.
Why choose our ICO over others currently available
- Regulatory licenses – We currently hold UAE and Philippines licenses and have in principle approval for Singapore and Hong Kong. As these licenses take lengthy periods and lot of monetary resources to obtain, we can operate immediately in these countries without any regulatory hold-ups.
- Banks – We are in tier 2 talks in the Philippines to acquire two banks and merge them to form a larger ecosystem for Paycentos. While others are talking about banking licenses we will take on the Philippine market from within the banking arena and offer Paycent as the online arm of the merged banks, using blockchain and big data to provide micro financing and basic banking services to the unbanked. This will be the fastest way to achieve crypto/fiat mass penetration with the setting up of branches across Asia Pacific.
- Exchange – We are negotiating the terms of hosting our Paycent Realtime Exchange in the UAE under the guidelines of the regulatory authority. This will be the 1st in the world where an exchange is operating under the oversight of a regulatory authority.
- Payment Infrastructure – We are in advance talks with 2 prominent countries in the Middle East to host their national Payment infrastructure with Paycent being the online offering that will bring online payments to the masses.
- Established fiat ecosystem – We have over a thousand merchants that accept Paycent as an online payment mode. This is an ecosystem that has been built out by our team over the last one year and is in full operation.
- Confirmed crypto ecosystem – We have signed an agreement with www.forest.ae to be the 1st real estate agency in the UAE to accept Paycentos as a payment token and are in similar talks to do the same with over thirty real estate developers in the Middle East.
- Asian Blockchain Institute of Technology (ABIT) – Paycent is set to acquire 60 acres of land in Philippines to build Blockchain institution in collaboration with prestigious universities of Asia Pacific. This will be the first global institute of its kind that will allow existing and upcoming IT students and professionals to enhance their knowledge in the blockchain ecosystem so that they can help us create a better tomorrow. This will also form as a ground for our parent company Texcent to pick talents and enhance its R&D in information technology and blockchain for future projects starting from Banking, Aviation, distribution chain system to medicine and biotechnology. We strongly believe every industry will be integrating blockchain in their systems in one way or the other.
Thank you so much Brian and good luck with your ICO!
Thanks to you for your time and curiosity to know about Paycent.
For more information and to join the ICO please go to https://paycent.com/
Read the Whitepaper – https://paycent.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PYN-Whitepaper.pdf?v=3.0